Nowadays it usually doesn’t take long before a new IP is turned into a franchise all it’s own complete with sequels, prequels and spin-offs. But what happens when a game is released, becomes a hit either commercially or just with fans and then… that’s it – no sequels, no follow-ups but just… ends? Well then you get lists like this! We scoured the history of gaming and came up with the 10 games that were either big hits or cult classics but which never got a sequel and here they are.
A few rules before we get going…
- The game can’t be part of a larger series.
- It can’t be a sequel itself.
- Spiritual successors are ok as long as they clearly in their own universe.
- If the game got a remaster or remake it can be on the list.
- No current generation games are included.
10 – The Guardian Legend
9 – Vagrant Story
8 – Killer 7
7 – Comix Zone
6 – The World Ends With You
5 – Kameo: Elements of Power
4 – Jet Force Gemini
3 – Xenogears
2 – Skies of Arcadia
1 – Shadow of the Colossus
What game do you wish would get a sequel? Let us know in the comment section below!